Friday, January 7, 2011

food

so all of a sudden i'm a line cook and it feels like this is what i should have been doing my whole life. i love developing my palette. i love learning about traditions of taste and flavor. i love that the best tasting food is always the smartest and most ecologically responsible food. i love that i work for people with the best intentions. i am so eager to learn and truly excited about the smallest of things. reading books and watching movies is finally exciting because i'm reading about food. it's so much work, all of it, physically and mentally. and sometimes I think that i would rather be lazy, but i would never be happy. i would never find fulfillment. and for the first time in my life i am eager to be older because i know i will be wiser. i want to have experiences and i just want to have a chance to cook anything i can. i have an amazing group of teachers and i couldn't be more thankful. it's always so hard for me to step out of my comfort zone. but, slow and steady wins the race, yeah?

No comments: